The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), West and Central Africa Office (WCAO) is seeking a bilingual receptionist/communications associate. The successful candidate will assist in a variety of communications related activities, including: meetings and seminars; knowledge management related activities such as social media, and serve as the first point of contact for IFPRI’s visitors and collaborators. This position will provide front desk support, answer phones and skype calls, and is a reference for general information about IFPRI to visitors and callers. This is a two-years, fixed-term, renewable appointment and is based in Dakar.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Greet IFPRI’s visitors and direct them to the appropriate party
- Operate IFPRI phone system and transfer calls to the appropriate individuals.
- Receive, save, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Screen and receive visitors/telephone/skype calls with tact and discretion, ensuring appointments or redirecting visitors/callers as necessary
- Maintain office distribution /phone/address lists/databases
- Help maintain electronic office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings
- Manage appointment scheduling for senior staff as requested
Provide communications-related support, including typing documents and updating databases
Scan documents for .pdf storage and accessibility
Provide support during meetings/workshops/seminars
Other relevant job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree and/or 1-3 years of communications or receptionist experience or equivalent.
- Experience with communications, visitor orientation, public relations, or receptionist function in a multicultural setting. Service-oriented personality. Demonstrated ability to project and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Excellent English and French language skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated experience in task planning and organization and multi-tasking; experience in researching information.
- Demonstrated good time management skills; ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with visitors of varied cultures and languages.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn new technologies.
TO APPLY: Please send a complete curriculum vitae and a detailed letter of interest to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until Friday August 28th 2015.